Saturday, January 28, 2012

I am still alive.

Congested, but alive.
I haven't updated because this blog has become a tool for procrastination. When I am supposed to be lesson planning, I am telling stories to an unseen (and potentially non-existent) audience via Blogger. This week I have had too much to do to procrastinate. Our student teaching supervisor arrived yesterday to observe us, so I need to have solid lesson plans typed up and ready to roll for Monday. Also I am starting four new lessons this week, all of which required many hours of obsessing, researching, and whining.
It also took us about two days to recuperate from Madrid, and we both are still sick with some kind of mutated cold that doesn't end. My ears will be ringing during class and I'm not sure if it's because my head has been congested for a week or because there are 27 adolescents yapping away in Spanish. When I am done my work for the day, I will fill you in on all of my entertaining student stories as well as my continued escapades in Spain. This weekend, we went to Casco Viejo, and will go to a city called Vitoria later today. Later because we got in around 7:30am this morning. According to Wikipedia, Vitoria is the capital of PaĆ­s Vasco, even though everyone thinks the capital is Bilbao. Tomorrow we are going to a port town called Bermeo, a tourist hotspot in the summer and most likely a ghost town now.
Now I should write this lesson I've been putting off all week so I can get out of the tundra! Hasta luego.
I know you only read this for the pictures, so here are some galletas. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment